SCQF level 11 : SCQF 15 points
- Start Date
- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- More Information:
Ms Fiona Baguley Lecturer Community / Public Health and School Disability Contact
+44 (0) 1224 262652 email@example.com
Advanced Concepts of Improving Health and Wellbeing SCQF level 11 : SCQF 15 points
Advanced Concepts of Improving Health and Wellbeing
The aim is to enable students to develop a critical understanding of the theories, principles and concepts within contemporary district nursing.
This module is part of the MSc Advancing Nursing Practice programme but can also be undertaken as a stand-alone module.
2. What you will study
- Critically explore theoretical concepts of person centred assessment and professional decision making within district nursing practice.
- Critically analyse the theoretical basis of a range of strategies and approaches to addressing healthcare needs within district nursing practice.
- Critically explore the role of the district nurse in the facilitation of learning.
- Critically examine the underpinning principles and concepts of managing teams and caseloads.
3. How you will learn
This module is delivered online learning on our virtual learning environment (including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums). Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by module team.
4. Entry Requirements
This module is suitable for registered nurses.
Normally, applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, interested individuals are encouraged to make contact and discuss their circumstances.
5. How to apply
For an application pack, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to health professions cpd