Level 9 15 credits Level 11 15 credits
- Start Date
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
Minor Illness Management Level 9 15 credits Level 11 15 credits
To provide a stimulating learning environment for suitably qualified healthcare professionals seeking to advance their knowledge and skills.
Within their own context students will be challenged to demonstrate innovation in establishing and managing a minor illness clinic.
2. What you will study
- Legal and professional issues relevant to autonomous practice.
- History taking and clinical assessment across the lifespan, including caring for pregnant patients and patients with mental illness or cognitive decline.
- Differential diagnosis, clinical decision making and applied evidence based practice.
- Clinical examination skills covering ENT, respiratory, musculoskeletal, GI and GU systems and common dermatological presentations.
- Pathophysiology of minor illnesses.
3. How you will learn
The module is delivered using a blend of face to face (5 single study days) and online methods (including online chat and discussion forums). Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
4. Entry Requirements
The student should be a healthcare professional and will normally be able to demonstrate evidence of SCQF level 9 learning or equivalent. However, individuals are encouraged to make contact and discuss their circumstances.
5. Course Fees
For Academic Year 2017/2018
- £600 .
- £960 .
For Academic Year 2016/2017
- £570 .
- £930 .
For Academic Year 2015/2016
- £570 .
- £930 .
Course fees are reviewed periodically and so are subject to change for new applicants. All tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in your offer letter. You will also be liable to pay a graduation fee of £40 before receiving a University award.For further information see Student Finance pages
6. How to apply
For an application pack, please contact Lynne Ewen, Clerical Assistant
Back to professional development