“One of the reasons I came to RGU was because of its excellent graduate employment record. I also liked the fact that it offers two hospital placements over the four years of the course.”
Grant Moir Applied Biomedical Science Degree BSc (Hons)
Robert Gordon University is proud to have a strong history of attracting students from Sri Lanka.
Our Sri Lankan students speak very highly about their time at Robert Gordon University.
Download and read our case studies of Sri Lankan students.
The following information is intended as a guideline for students considering applying to Robert Gordon University with international qualifications.
Please note, these are not our entry requirements for admission to RGU. The content of this page is designed to allow you to map your qualifications from your home country against a suggested UK equivalent to help you decide if you wish to submit an application.
These pages are intended for information only and Robert Gordon University does not declare these equivalences to be universal, comprehensive or 100% accurate. Please remember, this information is intended simply as a guideline.
- Students applying from Sri Lanka for an undergraduate course with qualifications from any international high school (i.e. A Levels or International Baccalaureate) are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions. Visit the course page for Entry Requirements
- We will consider applications from students with Sri Lankan A Levels.
*Entry requirements to some courses may be higher and require specific subjects. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis *
- Students with a post high school qualification (i.e. a higher national diploma, an associate degree) can be considered for advanced entry to some undergraduate courses. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Students applying from Sri Lanka who do not meet our direct entry requirements stated above may be able to undertake a pathway programme at our International College (ICRGU) or at another recognised foundation provider.
- Students applying from Sri Lanka for a postgraduate course, a 4
year Bachelors degree awarded by a recognised education institution with a grade of 2nd class/ 55%/ GPA of
2.75/4.0 is required for courses which ask for a 2.2 award.
For courses which ask for a 2.1, 60% or GPA 3.3/4.0 or better is required.
- Students applying with a 3 year BA/BSc/BCom/BBA require a first class/ 60%+ degree.
*Please note: Requirements will vary dependant on recognition of university and scoring system used. Degrees must also be issued by recognised institutions*
- Students applying from Sri Lanka who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme at our International College (ICRGU).
Representatives in Sri Lanka
Download a list of our university approved agents in Sri Lanka. In addition to our Admissions Office they are available to help you with any enquiries and also to help you with the submission of any application should you be interested in studying at Robert Gordon University.
Visits to Sri Lanka
Details of our upcoming visits to Sri Lanka can be found on our International Visits page.
Most Popular Distance Learning Courses
This AMBA accredited course offers a strategic management MBA qualification with a specialist emphasis on oil and gas.
This is an online course designed to provide the opportunity to gain part of the prestigious CIMA professional qualification and a degree in Accounting. A top-up option is also available by distance learning.
BSc Accounting (with CIMA Advanced Diploma) Top-up option for students at Wisdom Business Academy