“I chose the course because of Robert Gordon University's reputation and the city; I always enjoyed visiting Aberdeen and thought it would be a great place to study - and it was.”
Emma Lawson Physiotherapy Degree BSc (Hons)
Robert Gordon University has a long established relationship with Saudi Arabia, largely due to our specialist courses we provide for the Energy industry.
We are planning to strengthen our links with Saudi Arabia in the future and are working closely with the government and scholarship bodies to make sure our courses are as attractive and relevant as possible to Saudi students.
More and more Saudi students are choosing Robert Gordon University and we look forward to encouraging more to join us in the future.
The following information is intended as a guideline for students considering applying to Robert Gordon University with international qualifications.
Please note, these are not our entry requirements for admission to RGU. The content of this page is designed to allow you to map your qualifications from your home country against a suggested UK equivalent to help you decide if you wish to submit an application.
These pages are intended for information only and Robert Gordon University does not declare these equivalences to be universal, comprehensive or 100% accurate. Please remember, this information is intended simply as a guideline.
- Students applying from Saudi Arabia for an undergraduate course with qualifications from any international high school (i.e. A levels or International Baccalaureate) are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions. Visit the course page for Entry Requirements
- Students with a General Secondary Education Certificate (Thanawiya) with 70% or higher will be required undertake a pathway programme at our International College (ICRGU).
- We will also consider applications from students who have completed a two year associate degree from a recognised institution.
*Entry requirements to some courses may be higher and require specific subjects. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis *
- Students applying from Saudi Arabia for a postgraduate course, a 4
year Bachelors degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75/4.0 or 3.0/5.0 is required for
courses which ask for a 2.2 award.
For courses which ask for a 2.1, GPA 3.0/4.0 or 3.75/5.0 or better is required.
- We will also consider applications from students who have completed a postgraduate diploma from a recognised institution.
- Students applying from Saudi Arabia who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme at our International College (ICRGU).
Representatives in Saudi Arabia
We have excellent relationships with our education agents from Saudi Arabia who are responsible for handling enquiries and assisting you with the submission of your application to Robert Gordon University.
Download a list of our university approved agents in Saudi Arabia.
Visits to Saudi Arabia
Most Popular Distance Learning Courses
This AMBA accredited course offers a strategic management MBA qualification with a specialist emphasis on oil and gas.