“Aberdeen is a very friendly city and it has a beautiful campus that has helped me settle into my studies.”
Kian Goh, Malaysia Master of Architecture MArch
At Robert Gordon University, we are very proud of the links we have with several institutions in Malaysia.
We are very proud of the strong reputation we have built up over the years within Malaysia, and the active Alumni that we have based there.
Popular courses students from Malaysia tend to study are as follows:
- Architecture, Construction and Surveying
- Art and Design
- Business, Management, Accounting and Public Administration
- Health Professions
- Information, Communication and Media
- Laboratory, Biomedical and Sports Sciences
- Social Work and Social Sciences
In addition to the above links you can also find detailed information about our university by downloading any of the Student Guides from our Prospectuses and guides
The following information is intended as a guideline for students considering applying to Robert Gordon University with international qualifications.
Please note, these are not our entry requirements for admission to RGU. The content of this page is designed to allow you to map your qualifications from your home country against a suggested UK equivalent to help you decide if you wish to submit an application.
These pages are intended for information only and Robert Gordon University does not declare these equivalences to be universal, comprehensive or 100% accurate. Please remember, this information is intended simply as a guideline.
- Students applying from Malaysia for an undergraduate course with qualifications from any international high school (i.e. A levels or International Baccalaureate) are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions. Visit the course page for Entry Requirements
- We will also consider applications from students with either the STPM or Diploma Year 1. STPM is taken to be equivalent to A-level standard. Please visit the page for the course you are interested in and click on the Entry Requirements tab for information about our A level entry requirements.
- Students can also apply with a UEC (Unified Examination Certificate) Senior Middle Level with a good pass level. Overall mark to be considered on a case by case basis but generally we will consider applicants with over 60-70%.
- Students with a post high school qualification (i.e. a higher national diploma, associate degree etc) can be considered for advanced entry to some undergraduate courses. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
*Entry requirements to some courses may be higher and require specific subjects. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis *
- Students applying from Malaysia who do not meet our direct entry requirements stated above may be able to undertake a pathway programme at our International College (ICRGU).
- Students applying
from Malaysia for a postgraduate course, a 3-4 year Bachelors Degree with a 1st or 2nd class award or
GPA 2.75/4.0 will
be considered for courses which require a 2.2 degree.
For courses which ask for a 2.1, GPA 3.0/4.0 is required.
Representatives in Malaysia
We have excellent relationships with our education agents from Malaysia who are responsible for handling enquiries and assisting you with the submission of your application to Robert Gordon University.
Download a list of our agents in Malaysia:
Visits to Malaysia
We try to visit Malaysia twice per year at least, but out with those visits we have trusted agents based locally who can tell you more about us, and help you with an application.
Forthcoming visits can be found on the International Visits page.
If you have any queries regarding application and admission to the university, please email email@example.com
Most Popular Distance Learning Courses
This course is aimed at middle to senior managers who have responsibility for, or an interest in, Health, Safety and Risk Management.
This is an online course designed to provide the opportunity to gain part of the prestigious CIMA professional qualification and a degree in Accounting. A top-up option is also available by distance learning.
This AMBA accredited course offers a strategic management MBA qualification with a specialist emphasis on oil and gas.