Robert Gordon University is thrilled to see an increase in the number of students from Hong Kong choosing to come and study with us. Aberdeen is a small, safe, easy to navigate city and many of our students from Hong Kong find they enjoy the peaceful city life Aberdeen has to offer.
Popular subject areas for students from Hong Kong include MPharm Pharmacy, BSc Nutrition & Dietetics, BSc Occupational Health, BA Accounting and Finance, BSc Biomedical Science and MSc International Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Chinese Language Information
The following information is intended as a guideline for students considering applying to Robert Gordon University with international qualifications.
Please note, these are not our entry requirements for admission to RGU. The content of this page is designed to allow you to map your qualifications from your home country against a suggested UK equivalent to help you decide if you wish to submit an application.
These pages are intended for information only and Robert Gordon University does not declare these equivalences to be universal, comprehensive or 100% accurate. Please remember, the information is intended simply as a guideline.
- Students applying from Hong Kong for an undergraduate course with qualifications from any international high school (i.e. A levels or International Baccalaureate) are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions. Visit the course page Entry Requirements
- We also consider applications from students who have taken Hong Kong Advanced Level Examinations (HKALE). HKALE grades are taken to be equivalent to A-level standard (with the exception of Maths and Physics). Please visit the page for the course you are interested in and click on the Entry Requirements tab for information about our A level entry requirements
In addition to the tests listed on our English Language Requirements page, we also accept HKALE AS Level English at Grade E or above and HKDSE English Language at Grade 3 or above
*Entry requirements to some courses may be higher and require specific subjects. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis *
- Students applying from Hong Kong who do not meet our direct entry requirements stated above may be able to undertake a pathway programme at our International College (ICRGU).
- Students with a post high school qualification (i.e. a higher national diploma, an associate degree) can be considered for advanced entry to some undergraduate courses. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Students applying from Hong Kong for a postgraduate course, an Honours level Bachelors Degree will be considered. The grade needed is course dependant and each application will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Students applying from Hong Kong who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme at our International College (ICRGU).
In addition to the tests listed on our English Language Requirements page, we also accept HKALE AS Level English at Grade E or above and HKDSE English Language at Grade 4 or above
Representatives in Hong Kong
These are our university-approved agents in Hong Kong. In addition to our Admissions Office they are available to help you with any enquiries and help with the submitting your application.
AAS Education Consultancy
Tel: +852 2323 3287
Da Di Overseas Student Services Centre
Tel: +852 2314 8312
Tel: +852 2827 6362
70 Queen's Road Central
Tel: +852 2165 4146
MacGregor Education Services Ltd
Tel: +852 2300 1824
Visits to Hong Kong
We try to visit Hong Kong twice per year at least, but out with those visits we have trusted agents based locally who can tell you more about us, and help you with an application.
Forthcoming visits can be found on the International Visits page.
If you have any queries please use our International Enquiries form
Throughout the years our Hong Kong graduates who have returned home have successfully found jobs in industries such as Oil and Gas, Hospitality and Tourism and Health Sciences.
We are in the process of establishing an alumni association for our Hong Kong alumni but in the meantime we can put you in touch with individuals on a request basis. If you are interested to speak with one of our Hong Kong alumni to find out about their experiences of studying at Robert Gordon University, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can connect you to a HK alumnus.
Even after you have graduated, we want to ensure that you stay part of the Robert Gordon community. If you wish to know about our International Alumni visit the Alumni page.
Most Popular Distance Learning Courses
This AMBA accredited course offers a strategic management MBA qualification with a specialist emphasis on oil and gas.