Budge Foundation Scholarship
The Budge Foundation Scholarship has been established to provide local support to a student who has completed an Access To Course at Robert Gordon University.
The scholarship has been made available through the kind donation of The Budge Foundation. Bill and Lorraine Budge support organisations that help to sustain the culture and traditions of Forres and the surrounding area in Moray, where Bill was born and raised, as well as Aberdeen, where the couple live.
Moreover, Bill and Lorraine are particularly interested in organisations whose focus relates to the well-being and or education of children; the support of such projects being without geographic restriction.
The Budge Foundation Scholarship is open to undergraduate students who have completed an Access To course and provides funding support to the value of £2000 per year.
The student will receive £2,000 per year with £500 per year allocated for mentoring, pastoral care and study skills support, coordinated through the university’s Department for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching and Access (DELTA). This is a student led process to facilitate both academic and personal success.
Students who have completed an Access To course and have accepted the offer of a place on an undergraduate course at RGU are eligible to apply.
ACCESS RGU scholarships are aimed at applicants who are traditionally under-represented in higher education.
To be eligible for consideration, you must meet AT LEAST ONE of the following criteria at the point of applying to RGU:
- Reside in a postcode area which is regarded by the Scottish Government as being within the 40% (Quintiles 1 and 2) most deprived regions of the country as categorised by Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD). Find out if you are eligible for consideration from SIMD
- Reside in a low income household (in receipt of Educational Maintenance Allowance or eligible to claim SAAS bursary i.e. household income below £34,000)
- Have spent time as a Looked After Child or looked After and Accommodated Child, be that at home, in residential, foster or kinship care
- Are currently caring, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without your support
- Have completed an ‘Access To’ programme
In addition, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Meet the scholarship specific eligibility criteria
- Enrol full time in the first year of your chosen undergraduate degree programme at RGU
- Be Scottish domiciled and classed as a ‘home fees student’
- Have not already obtained a first degree
How to Apply
Applicants for the Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of their UCAS offer from Robert Gordon University and have formally accepted the offer. Applicants must also have met at least one of the ACCESS RGU scholarship eligibility criteria.
Applicants for the Scholarship must meet the eligibility criteria and have formally accepted the offer from RGU.
Application forms for the Scholarship will be sent directly to the potential applicants after they have accepted the offer from RGU. All applicants to the Scholarship will need to enrol on their chosen course at Robert Gordon University during September 2017.
Completed forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for applications is Sunday 20 August 2017.
After the closing date the shortlisted applications will be presented to a panel of academic and professional support staff. The opinion of the donor may be taken into consideration at this stage. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the process in October, but may be contacted before this date for further information.