A Day in the Life of an Occupational Therapist
|Event Date:||Time:||9:00 AM — 3:30 PM|
|Location:||Health and Social Care Building, Robert Gordon University, Garthdee Campus, Aberdeen, AB10 7QG|
Considering a career as an Occupational Therapist?
- Educate the participants about what occupational therapists do in their daily work
- Help the participants understand the skills involved in being an occupational therapist
- Introduce participants to the diversity of areas Occupational Therapists can work in
- Inform the participants about what is involved in the degree course
- Provide the participants with the opportunity to experience a taster day at RGU
Making use of the Clinical Skills Centre, participants will carry out practical activities with volunteer patients in the simulated hospital/ward setting and the kitchen, bathroom and living area of the home setting. Local practicing Occupational therapists will contribute to the workshop.
Spaces will be limited, so if you are interested please complete the form as soon as possible.
Closing date for application will be the 21st August 2017 and successful applicants will then be notified if they have a place and receive further information on the arrangements for the day.
If you are interested in this event, please contact Dawn Mitchell, Subject Lead in Occupational Therapy