- Start Date
Not currently open for applications for 2018-19
- Course Length
Online Distance Learning - Minimum 3 years and 6 months
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- School of Engineering
- More Information:
- Postgraduate Admissions +44 (0) 1224 262209 PGOffice@rgu.ac.uk
- Accredited By
Offshore Oil and Gas Engineering MSc
Offshore Oil and Gas Engineering activity is increasing all around the world and graduates from this course will have a particular focus on operations in the ocean, processing, pipelines, subsea systems, materials and corrosion.
Our practice-based course covers the competencies demanded by industry organisations, such as the Energy Institute (EI).
- This course is fully accredited by the Energy Institute (EI) which ensures the course content is to the highest industry standards providing you with key recognition. This course will also count towards the academic requirements of the EI allowing you to work towards your chartered status.
- The course combines academic engineering study with current, real-world industry practice. This is achieved by combining the strengths of the School of Engineering's full-time staff with the knowledge and skills of industry specialists, providing you with access to world-class teaching and research.
Please note, this course is not currently open for applications for 2018-19.
2. What you will study
Each module comprises up to 52 hours of lectures and tutorials. Significant additional private study is expected during each module.
- Business Essentials
Exit award: PgCert Oil and Gas Engineering
- Materials and Corrosion
- Processing and Pipelines
- Oceans, Operability & Humans in the Ocean
- Subsea Systems
Exit award: PgDip Offshore Oil and Gas Engineering
- Individual Project Report
Award: MSc Offshore Oil and Gas Engineering
The University regularly reviews its courses. Course content and structure may change over time. See our Course Disclaimer for more information.
3. Entry Requirements
Applicants normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or its equivalent in Engineering or a relevant discipline such as Geology, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics
Applicants with a lower degree classification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis
Applicants whose first language is not English should have an IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no component lower than 5.5, or an equivalent.
We accept a variety of in-country and secure English language tests, find out more:
* All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. A small number of courses require higher levels, but this will be stated explicitly on your offer letter.
4. Placements and Accreditations
This course is accredited by the Energy Institute on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
For further information on professional registration and how to apply for Chartered Engineer status please download the Engineering Council’s Guide to Professional Registration:
Students enrolled on this course are entitled to free membership of the Energy Institute. Benefits include automatic admission to your local EI branch providing the opportunity to network with energy professionals in your local area.
5. How to apply
This course is not currently open for applications for 2018-19.
Register your interest
If you have any queries, please contact our Admissions Office:
- Email PGOffice@rgu.ac.uk
- Call +44 (0) 1224 262132
If you are an International Student and would like further information:
Terms and Conditions of Admissions
The Terms and Conditions of Admission describe to applicants holding an offer of a place to study at RGU, the principal rights, duties and obligations of both the applicant and the University prior to enrolling on a course of study.
This course provides the knowledge required for a range of professional careers within the offshore oil and gas industry.
Not only significantly helping you with the financial costs of studying, our scholarships will help you to develop valuable links with industry.
8. Course Fees
2017-18 per entire course
- UK and EU students: £5,200
- International students: £16,300
For further enquires please contact email@example.com
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. Students will also be liable to pay a graduation fee of £40 before receiving a University award.
For further information see Student Finance pages
Back to postgraduate
View online or download a PDF