- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
- More Information:
- Subsea Engineering Course +44 (0)1224 263320 email@example.com
Introduction to Subsea Engineering
This distance learning course aims to support individuals and subsea employers, to develop engineers from other industries and new graduates into the subsea sector.
Further information about the course:
2. What you will study
The course has four modules delivered online, via the University's Virtual Learning Environment CampusMoodle.
Access to the programme will be given for 8 weeks, with the recommendation that students allow between 40 and 60 hours learning time in total.
Module 1 – Introduction to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Formation of Oil and Gas
- Exploration and Worldwide Production
- History of the North Sea
- Offshore Extraction and Processing
- Transportation and Downstream Processing
- Current Legislation Applicable in the UKCS
Module 2 – Introduction to Oil and Gas Engineering
- Subsurface Engineering
- Drilling and Well Engineering
- Operating Facilities
- Operational Aspects
Module 3 – Introduction to the Subsea Industry
- Subsea Industry
- An Example of Subsea Development
- Future Development for the Industry
Module 4 – Introduction to Subsea Engineering
- Subsea Completions
- Subsea Control Systems
- Flow Assurance
- Pipeline Fundamentals
- Installation of Equipment
- Subsea Production Umbilicals and Power Cables
- Risers and Topsides
- Current and Developing Systems
3. Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements for this course.
You can apply as an individual or your employer can put you forward to study.
4. How to apply
Back to online & distance learning