|Position:||Lecturer in Forensic and Analytical Science (Office A35, St Andrew Street)|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262884|
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching on a number of undergraduate and postgraduate modules which include: Chemistry for Life Sciences (AS1801), Practical Skills for Life Sciences (AS1903), Analytical Chemistry (AS3040), Physical and Inorganic Chemistry (AS2002), Oilfield Chemicals (AS4052), Advanced Analytical Techniques (AS4040) Laboratory Work (ASM004), Professional Skills and Techniques (ASM004), and Contemporary techniques/Analytical Problem Solving (ASM010). Student research project supervision.
- PhD – Environmental Investigation (RGU, 2008)
- MSc – Instrumental Analytical Science (RGU, 2003)
- BEng (Hons) Undergraduate Degree – Chemical Engineering (ABU, Nigeria, 2000)
Research Interests / Professional Background
Kyari's research interest lies in environmental chemistry with a particular emphasis on fate, distribution and effects of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) and passive sampling methodologies in various matrices. He also has an interest in environmental sensing and monitoring as well as the recycling of used drilling fluids and remediation of oily waste waters.
Environmental Chemist at the Fisheries Research Services Marine Laboratory (now Marine Scotland Marine Laboratory) Aberdeen before joining the Macaulay Institute Aberdeen (now James Hutton Institute) where he worked as an Analytical Chemist until 2010 when he was appointed a Lecturer with the School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences at RGU.
Professional Body Membership
- Member- Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC)
- Associate Member- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA)
- Yates, K., Pollard P., Davies, I.M, Webster, L., and Moffat, C. (2011) Application of silicone rubber passive samplers to investigate bioaccumulation of PAHs in Nereis virens, Environmental Pollution 159 (12), pp 3351-3356
- Rhind, S.M., Kyle, C.E., Mackie, C., Yates, K. and Duff, E.I. (2011) Geographic variation in tissue accumulation of endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) in grazing sheep, Environmental Pollution, 1519 (2), pp 416-422
- Yates, K. Davies, I.M, Webster, L., Pollard P., Lawton, L., and Moffat, C. (2008) Application of silicone rubber passive samplers to investigating bioaccumulation of PAHs in Nereis virens, FRS Marine Laboratory Aberdeen Internal report 01/08, January 2008
- Yates, K. Davies, I.M, Webster, L., Pollard P., Lawton, L., and Moffat, C. (2007) Passive sampling: Partition coefficients for a silicone rubber reference phase, Journal of Environmental Monitoring, Vol. 9, pp 1116-1121