|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 263506|
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing learning and assessment materials for architecture and built environment modules on technology and environment.
- Delivering the learning and assessment for architecture and built environment modules on technology and environment
- Disability co-ordinator
- Business Interaction
- BSc (Hons IIi) in Physics, Glasgow University, 1971-75
- MSc in Information Systems, The Robert Gordon University, 1993-94
Research Interests / Professional Background
Current research interests:
- Low and zero carbon technologies for buildings
- Sustainable development
Previous research and industrial experience:
- Case based reasoning applied to Smart homes
- Smart homes for vulnerable people
- Dynamic insulation
- Front-end design of HVAC and Radwaste systems for Sizewell B Nuclear Power Station
- Heat and Mass transfer in the boiler feed train of conventional and nuclear power stations
Additional Information / Media work / Funding
Authored Wikipedia article on dynamic insulation
Professional Body Membership
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- Case Authoring: From Textual Reports to Knowledge-Rich Cases
Asiimwe, S., Craw, S., Taylor, B., Wiratunga, N., 2007, , Book Chapter in Case-Based Reasoning Research and Development, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg
(7th International conference on Case-Based Reasoning, ICCBR2007, 13-16th August, Belfast)
- Using computer aided case based reasoning to support clinical reasoning in community occupational therapy.
Bruce Taylor, David Robertson, Nirmalie Wiratunga, Susan Craw, Dawn Mitchell, Elaine Stewart, 2007, Computer Methods and Programmes in Biomedicine, August 2007, 87 (2) , pp170-179, ISSN 0169-2607
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2007.05.007 Impact Factor 0.887 p
- Case-based reasoning for matching smarthouse technology to people’s needs Wiratunga, N., Craw, S., Taylor, B., Davies, G., (2004)., Knowledge Based Systems, 17/2-4 [Special Issue], pp139-146, Impact Factor 0.574 www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=GatewayURL&_origin=CONTENTS&_method=citationSearch&_piikey=S0950705104000103&_version=1&md5=c01587c437ce5d485ad48a58601acdfb
- Sheltered Housing – Institution or home
Proceedings of the 3rd Conference of the EPUK (Environmental Psychology in the UK) Network, Crossing Boundaries: the value of interdisciplinary research, The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, 23rd-25th June 2003
- Frankenstein Homes: Would you want to live in one?
New Technologies in the Human Services, 14, 1 & 2, pp 28-38, 2001, ISSN 0959 0684
- Designing Safe Smart Homes for Vulnerable People
Dewsbury, G., Taylor, B., Edge, M
Dependability in Healthcare Informatics, Proceedings of the First Dependability IRC Workshop, Edinburgh, 22-23 March 2001
- The Potential For 'Smart Home' Systems In Meeting The Care Needs Of Older People With Disabilities,
Edge M, Taylor B, Dewsbury G & Groves M (2000), Housing Update, Gerontology Research Centre, Canada, Vol10, Number 1, August 2000, pp6-7, ISSN: 118-1828
- Environmental Design using Dynamic Insulation
Taylor, B J., and Imbabi, M. S.
ASHRAE Transactions, 106, Part 1, 2000
- Dynamic Insulation in Multi-Storey Buildings
Taylor, B J., and Imbabi, M. S.
Building Services Engineering and Research & Technology, 20, 4, pp179-184, 1999
- The Building Envelope as a Filter of Urban Air Pollution
Taylor, B J., Webster, R., and Imbabi M. S.
Building and Environment, 1998, 34, pp 353-361
- Dynamic Insulation - A Systems Approach
Taylor, B J., and Imbabi M. S.
Proceedings of the Building Physics in Northern Climates Conference, Espoo (Finland), 9-10 September, 1996,
- Analytical Investigation of the Steady-State Behaviour of Dynamic and Diffusive Envelopes
Taylor, B. J., Cawthorne, D. A., Imbabi, M. S., 1996,
Building and Environment, 1996, 31, pp 519-525.
- A Correlation for the Power Spectra of the Random Fluctuations Caused by the Flow of Saturated Water in a Pipe
B J Taylor
I Mech E Conf., Pipework Design & Operation, London, 19-20 February 1985
- Technical Note: Stratified Flow of Liquids in Steeply Sloping Pipes
B J Taylor
Proceedings I Mech E., 1984, 198A, 13, pp317 319
- Heat Transfer and Air Blanketing in Steam Condensers
M Rowe, B J Davidson, E F C Andrews, J A Ferrison and B J Taylor
I Mech E Conf “Steam Turbines for the 1980’s”
London, 9-12 October, 1979