|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 262252|
Professional Body Membership
- The Institution of engineering & Technology (IET)
- Institute of Physics (IOP)
- Energy Institute (EI)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Research (IDEAS Research Institute member)
- ASM012: Environmental analysis
- EN4521: Optical & Radio Communications
- EN4500: Engineering Analysis II
- EN3590: Environmental Engineering
- EN3570: Energy Conversion and Storage
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering
- M.Tech. in Optoelectronics & Laser Technology
- PhD. in Instrumentation
Research Interests / Professional Background
I have more than 15 years of applied research experience and my current research areas are:
- Biosensors and Instrumentation
- Environmental sensing and monitoring
- Clean Technology
Other research areas of interest include Renewable Energy Systems, Subsea sensing, Optoelectronics, Microscopy, Spectroscopy, Lasers, Fluorescence Instrumentation, Lab-0n-a-chip, Optical waveguides and Opticalsecurity.
Current/recent research projects are:
- Genesparks – A nanotechnology based biosensing platform
- Surface modification for biosensing applications
- A novel hybrid sensor system for environmental monitoring applications
- Wastewater Reactor development
- Study of microparticle dynamics in watertreatment systems
Recent national or international conference presentations
- SUBSEA 2012, AECC Aberdeen, 8-9 February 2012
- The Ninth International Water Association Symposium on Off-Flavours in the Aquatic Environment: 14-18 August 2011
Main Funding Bodies / Key Partners
- Scottish funding council
- Scottish Enterprise
- NCR Financial Solutions Group Ltd.
- NSA Ltd.
- 'Environmental forensic investigations: The potential use of novel heavy metal sensor and novel taggants.' Pollard, P., Adams, M., Robertson, P, Cristidis, K., Officer, S., Prabhu G R., Gow K. & Morrison, A. in Criminal and Environmental Soil Forensics. Editors: Ritz, Dawson and Miller, 2008.
- 'Photobactericidal effects of TiO2 thin films at low temperatures - a preliminary study' T.P.Tim Cushnie, Peter K.J. Robertson, Simon Officer, Pat M. Pollard, Radhakrishna Prabhu, Cathy McCullagh, Jeanette M.C. Robertson, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 215 (2010), 290-294
- 'Novel online optical security system based on rare earth doped micro glass beads' by S. Officer, Radhakrishna Prabhu G, P. Pollard, C. Hunter and G. Ross, In SPIE-IS&T conference on Electronic Imaging 2004, January 18-23, San Jose, CA, USA.
- Pollard, P. M., Officer, S., Hunter, C., Prabhu G, R. Analytical Composition and Method, European patent, EP1831698, 2009
- Ross, G. A., Pollard, P., Hunter, C., Officer, S., Prabhu G. R 'Optically detectable security feature' US patent, 7129506, 2006
- P. Pollard, G. R. Prabhu, S. Officer, C. Hunter and G. Ross European patent no. GBA 0314883, 2004–' Security labelling'
- P. Pollard, S. Officer, C. Hunter, G. R. Prabhu and T. Wilson, US Patent application no:11/793848 'Analytical Compositions and Methods (lanthanide taggant)', 2008