|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262602|
Jane has been working at RGU as a lecturer since 2014. She is the theme lead for Advancing Nursing Practice MSc (District Nurse Route) and the Practice Learning Educator for post-graduate students.
Professionally her nursing career spanned 35 years with the last 20 years focusing on District Nursing and primary care.
Duties and Responsibilities
Jane is a lecturer in adult nursing, she teaches mostly post-graduate nurses and is route lead for the MSc District Nursing route. She is also Practice Education Lecturer for post graduate courses.
1979: obtained a Bachelor of Nursing at Glasgow University
Other qualifications include:
- Scottish certificate of Midwifery; Diploma in District Nursing (RGIT)
- BA Palliative Care (RGU);MSc pain Management (Edinburgh University)
- Non-medical prescribing (RGU)
- Post graduate Certificate in Learning Teaching and assessment (RGU)
- Royal College of Nursing
- Association of District Nurse Educators
- Association of Advanced Practice Educators
- International Council of Nursing
- Advisory group Council of Deans - pre-registration leadership project
Mair, J., 2008. Is the WHO analgesic ladder active or archaic? European Journal of Palliative Care, 15(4), pp. 162-165.
Primary care, in particular:
- Palliative care
- Cancer care
- Pain management
- Non-medical prescribing
- Chronic disease management
- Advanced practice Nursing
- District Nursing