|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 263567|
Duties and Responsibilities
Dr Charles Maddison is a Senior Lecturer at Aberdeen Business School. He is Course Leader for MSc Energy Management and module tutor for Oil and Gas Economics.
Charles was a lecturer at the University of Abertay, Dundee where he was the module tutor for the MBA programme. His PhD is from the European University Institute in Florence. He has a Bachelors in Economics from Kingston University (London) and Masters from the London School of Economics where he graduated with distinction.
- The shifting dynamics of the global economy and the rise of the emerging market economies.
- Pipeline diplomacy
- Dutch Disease
- Resource Curse and Voracity effects
- Emerging Markets
- Energy Demand and Climate Change.
- The role of National Oil Companies versus International Oil Companies and future supply
- The Political Economy of: Climate Change, OPEC, and Energy Subsidies
- Differential rents in oil and gas markets
- Oil and Gas market structures and differential oil and gas market dynamics
- Peak Oil and Commodity Super-Cycle?
Charles is also interested in the history of European integration.