|Position:||Subject Lead in Sport & Exercise Science|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 263270|
Donnie studied sports science at Bangor University and worked in the fitness industry running a small fitness facility in the Isle of Skye, where he also worked as a personal trainer and fitness coach for a number of sports teams. He then qualified as a physiotherapist and worked in the NHS for 6 years before joining the RGU Health Sciences team in 2009 as a lecturer in physiotherapy and Course Leader for the MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-Registration). During this time, Donnie’s research interests combined his sports science and physiotherapy backgrounds in relation to individuals who are recovering from neurological conditions and he has also worked as a basketball coach in the Scottish National League and with Scotland youth national teams.
- Motor control and learning.
- Analysis of human movement and sporting performance.
- Return to sport after injury.
- Integration of sports science disciplines in an applied setting.
- Motor learning and control in neurological rehabilitation.
- Exercise for individuals with neurological conditions.
- Movement analysis in stroke rehabilitation.
- Analysis of sporting performance.