|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 263181|
Duties and Responsibilities
Olayinka Lewis is a lecturer in the Law School and a qualified solicitor. He is Module Co-ordinator for the Oil & Gas online distance learning module and has a number of other teaching responsibilities.
Olayinka joined the Law School as a part-time lecturer in 2009 and became full-time in 2014. Before joining the Law School, ‘Yinka practised as a solicitor for a number of years within the UK and abroad working in various areas of law including; petroleum law, commercial law, civil litigation and immigration and nationality law. He also worked in the non-profit sector.
He holds an LLM in Oil and Gas law from the University of Aberdeen.
- Oil and Gas Law
- Law of Contract
- Immigration & Nationality Law
- Refugee Law
- Member, Law Society of England & Wales
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, Energy Institute
- Member, Society of Legal Scholars
- Member, Socio-Legal Studies Association
- ‘Examining Article 1 of the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees: Does it go far enough?’, Socio-Legal Studies Association Annual Conference, April 2015
- ‘Maritime Boundary Delimitation and the Ownership of Hydrocarbon Resources. Issues in Relation to Exploration and Production Activities’, The Society of Legal Scholars Annual Conference, September 2015