|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262863|
Roles and responsibilities
- Programme leader for the Nutrition and Dietetics programme at the School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences (PALS)
- Senior lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics, PALS.
Susan has varied subject teaching commitments within the Nutrition and Dietetics programme and also contributes to other courses within the Faculty. Susan has a strong interest in clinical nutrition maintains her dietetic practice skills through her honorary contract and regular clinical attachment within the NHS.
She is a member of various Faculty groups, including the Clinical Skills and Simulated Practice Group. She is also involved in work with a number of external agencies, including the Dietetic Advisory Group of the NES AHP Advisory Committee and the British Dietetic Association Higher Education sub-group of the Education Committee. Susan was also appointed as a Partner (Registration Assessor and Approval Visitor) for the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) in 2010.
Key research interests
Ms Lennie’s research interests are in the areas of
- Dietetic education,
- Anthropometry; and
- Body composition.
Susan studied BSc (Hons) Dietetics at Queen Margaret College, Edinburgh. She is a registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council, and was previously employed as a clinical dietitian in hospitals in the Midlands and north east England, specialising in both critical care and paediatrics, until 2002 when she joined Robert Gordon University as a lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics. She is an accredited level 3 International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK) Anthropometry instructor.
- HCPC Registered Dietitian
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of British Dietetic Association
- Member of the British Dietetic Association’s Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Group, and the Paediatric Group
- Member of the International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry
- Lennie, S.C., Amofa-Diatuo, T., Nevill A., Stewart A.D., (2013) Protocol variations in arm position influence the magnitude of waist girth. Journal of Sports Sciences, 31(12), pp. 1353-1358.
- Power BT & Lennie SC (2012) Pre-registration dietetic student attitudes to learning communication skills. J Hum Nutr Diet. 25, 189-197.
- McEneaney DF & Lennie SC (2011) Video instructions improve accuracy of self-measures of waist circumference compared with written instructions. Public Health Nutrition, 14, 1192-1199.
- Lennie SC & Juwah C (2010) Exploring assessment for learning during dietetic practice placements. J Hum Nutr Diet 23, 217-223.
- Brennan KM & Lennie SC (2010) Students’ experiences and perceptions of the use of portfolios in UK pre-registration dietetic placements: a questionnaire-based study. J Hum Nutr Diet 23, 133-143.
- Sturrock JBE & Lennie SC (2009) Compulsory continuing professional development: a questionnaire-based survey of the UK Dietetic Profession. J Hum Nutr Diet. 22, 12-20.