|Telephone:||+44 (0) 01224 262605|
Siew is a Lecturer in the School of Nursing and Midwifery at Robert Gordon University. After qualifying with a BSc (Hons) in Nursing Science, Siew graduated from the University of Manchester with a MPHE (Masters in Population Health Evidence) and then completed her PhD at Edinburgh Napier University. Following this, she worked as a Researcher at the University of Edinburgh, a Lecturer at Edinburgh Napier University and a Post-Doctoral Researcher at University of Limerick, Ireland. Siew’s background is in Nursing, Midwifery and Population Health.
Siew’s research interests are in metastatic spinal cord compression, end of life care, interdisciplinary team working, COPD, long term conditions, eHealth and population health. She has experience of using quantitative, qualitative and mixed research methods. Siew has expertise in developing literature review search strategies and has completed a number of Cochrane Systematic Reviews, as well as other systematic and integrative reviews.
- 2015: Health Research Board Cochrane Systematic Review Fellowships, Ireland.
- 2014: Scottish Government and Macmillan Cancer Support, NHS Scotland – ‘Transforming Care After Treatment’ - Co-applicant
External / Professional Roles
Siew Lee is a Visiting Researcher at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- NEWMAN, D., O’REILLY, P., LEE, S.H. and KENNEDY, C., 2017. Challenges in accessing and interviewing participants with severe mental illness. Nurse Researcher, 25(1), pp. 37-42. https://doi.org/10.7748/nr.2017.e1443.
- O’REILLY, P., LEE, S.H., O’SULLIVAN, M., CULLEN, W., KENNEDY, C., and MACFARLANE, A., 2017. Assessing the facilitators and barriers of interdisciplinary team working in primary care using normalisation process theory (NPT): An integrative review. PLoS ONE, 12(5), e0177026. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0177026.
- KENNEDY, C., and LEE, S.H., 2017. To assess the efficacy and safety of manual lymphatic drainage in treating breast cancer related treatment. [Online]. Nursing Network News, 23, pp. 20-21. Available from: https://openair.rgu.ac.uk/handle/10059/2370.
- PERRY A., LEE, S.H., COTTON, S., and KENNEDY, C., 2016. Therapeutic exercises for affecting post-treatment swallowing in people treated for advanced-stage head and neck cancers. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 8. Art. No.: CD011112. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD011112.pub.
- LEE, S.H., NURMATOV, U.B., NWARU, B.I., MUKHERJEE, M., GRANT, L, and PAGLIARI, C., 2016. Effectiveness of mHealth interventions for maternal, newborn and child health in low- and middle-income countries: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Global Health, 6(1).010401. Published online 2015. doi:10.7189/jogh.06.010401.
- LEE, S.H., GRANT, R., KENNEDY, C. and KILBRIDE, L., 2015. Positioning and spinal bracing for pain relief in metastatic spinal cord compression in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD007609. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD007609.pub3.
- MACNAB, M., LEE, S.H., MCCLOUGHAN, L., HANLEY, J., MCKINSTRY, B. and PINNOCK, H., 2015. Oximetry-supported self-management for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: mixed method feasibility pilot project. BMC Health Services Research, 15, p. 485. doi:10.1186/s12913-015-1135-2
- NEWMAN, D., O’REILLY, P., LEE, S.H. and KENNEDY, C., 2015. Mental health service users’ experiences of mental health care: an integrative literature review. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 22(3) pp. 171-182. doi:10.1111/jpm.12202.
- LARSSON, M., LEE, S.H., WILDE-LARSSON, B., OLSSON, C., BJURESÄTER, K., HOV, R., GROV, E.K. and KENNEDY, C., 2016. Family carers’ preferences for support when caring for a family member at the end of life at home: protocol for an integrative literature review. PROSPERO 2016:CRD42016037839.
- O’REILLY, P., LEE, S.H., O’SULLIVAN, M., CULLEN, W., KENNEDY, C. and MACFARLANE, A., 2015. Assessing the facilitators and barriers of interdisciplinary team working in primary care using normalisation process theory: protocol for an integrative review. PROSPERO 2015:CRD42015019362. doi:10.15124/CRD42015019362.
- NURMATOV, U.B., LEE, S.H., NWARU, B.I., MUKHERJEE, M., GRANT, L. and PAGLIARI, C., 2014. The effectiveness of mHealth interventions for maternal, newborn and child health in low- and middle-income countries: Protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Global Health, 4(1): 010407. doi:10.7189/jogh.04.010407.
- LEE, S.H., COX, K.M., GRANT, R., KENNEDY, C. and KILBRIDE, L., 2012. Patient positioning (mobilisation) and bracing for pain relief and spinal stability in metastatic spinal cord compression in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 3. Art. No.: CD007609. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD007609.pub2.
- KILBRIDE, L., COX, M., KENNEDY, C.M., LEE, S.H. and GRANT, R., 2010. Metastatic spinal cord compression: a review of practice and care. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 19(13-14), pp. 1767-1783. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2702.2010.03236.x.
- Research methods
- Cochrane Systematic Reviews/other Systematic Reviews/Integrative Reviews
- Team working/leadership/decision making
- Population health
- End of life care
- Long term conditions