|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 263133|
Duties and Responsibilities
Evagelos is a lecturer in Marketing, his areas of expertise include marketing strategy, research and analysis.
PhD in International Marketing - Loughborough University, UK
MSc in Marketing Management - Aston University, Birmingham, UK
BSc in Economics and Econometrics - Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Previous industry experience includes roles as a Senior Export Consultant and Marketing Manager
- Designing export strategies, setting the key performance indicators and measuring the efficiency of the executed plans
- Implementation of primary and secondary marketing research in order to understand and monitor the market trends and needs in foreign markets.
- Provision of assistance for the establishment of networks with foreign distributors and planning participation in trade shows abroad.
- Coordination of efforts in the conversion of products from Greek to foreign standards and specifications to ensure efficient operation under foreign conditions. Preparation of foreign language sales manuals and other promotional material.
- Elaboration of detailed plans for the introduction of innovative products or the quality improvement of the already existing ones in order to become more competitive.
- Provision of training to all export staff and assessment of all work according to the export objectives and export customers’ requirements.
- Forecasting the expected sales in the various foreign markets and recommending the best marketing plan for each market.
- Export Information Use
- Export Performance
- Market Orientation
- Information-Processing and Decision Quality
- Export Information Acquisition
- Organisational Knowledge and Learning
- Loughborough University, United Kingdom - £39,000 (2005)
- The Carnegie Trust - Small Research Grant - £7,500 (March 2016)
- Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Full Member of the ABS Graduate School Board
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
- Member of the Academy of Marketing (AM)
Best conference paper award, Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC) 2013, “Marketing Information Use: Links to Innovativeness and Performance”
PhD Students Supervision
- Anastasia Kvitkina, “Decision Quality as a Determinant of Export Performance: An Empirical Investigation” (started 2015).
- Chukwuka Ododo, “The Use of Discount Pricing as a Competitive Brand Strategy in the UK Grocery retail Market” (started 2015).
- Adekunle Oke, “Attitudes and Behaviour towards workplace waste recycling in the UK” (started 2013).
- Akinyemi Paul Omoge, “The direct and mediated effects of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system usage as service delivery channels on consumer buying behaviour. An appraisal of the context of the Nigerian Banking Industry (completed, 2016).