Key Duties and Responsibilities
Current main duties include the undertaking of teaching, tutorial and assessment responsibilities. Liaising with Head of First Year, Head of Design and general course staff in order to assist with the development and delivery of the first year foundation and 2D/3D course with specific design input to course structure. Preparation and delivery of project briefs.
- Sept 2010 - Present: Lecturer at Grays School of Art
- Jun 2002 - Sept 2010: Short Course Coordinator at Grays School of Art for the SHEFC funded short course provision (0.5)
- Nov - Mar 1996: Scottish Arts Council/Grampian Regional Council - first Craft Person in Residence – Mintlaw and Fraserburgh Academy
- Apr 91: The British Council Academic research Grant – Skolen For Brugskunst, Copenhagen
- Sept 90: SERC(Science and Engineering Research Council) Grant – “Intuitive Colour and its application to process and technology”
- Jul 89: First Classification BA Hons in Design and Craft, Grays School of Art, The Robert Gordon University
Research Interests / Professional Background
- Constructed Artworks, Digital Imagery and Video
- Water and its attitude and influences as a 3 dimensional body
- The role of water as a visual state
- Water breaking the rules through movement, sound scale and colour
Present research has been in early dialogue with Aberdeen Royal Infirmary (audiology, speech therapy and radiology units) investigating the properties of water and sound as learning and educational tools for the deaf, investigating various 2D and 3D methods of interaction and communication.
Continued Professional development in digital technologies with use of AVA (dedicated textile computer system), Mimake fabric printer, Rhino Software and Digital Editing.
“The Taxonomy of the Sea” Constructed Artworks, Elaine Gowans, ISBN No 1901085643