Key Duties and Responsibilities
Currently I am working on developing a Parallel Patterns for Adaptive Heterogeneous Multi-core/Many-core Systems, Known as Paraphrase- An EU Funded project under the category of Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) (contract no: 288570).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing an adaptive load balancing and optimised workload distribution on available components
- Developing an adaptive allocation/reallocation of devices to available resources
- Developing workload characterisation mechanisms (prediction, classification and priority) for lower performance small-scale production and high-throughput optimised code classes
- PhD. Computer Science, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, UK 2011-Present.
- MSc. Computer Science, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK 2010- 2011.
- M.Eng. Computer Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran 2007-2009.
- B.Eng. Computer Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran 2001-2006.
Research Interests / Professional Background
- Parallel computing - High performance computing - Heterogeneous and distributed systems - Machine learning
Additional Information / Media Work / Funding
- IDEAS PhD Scholarship award- 2011.
- S Campa, M Danelutto, M Goli, H González-Vélez, AM Popescu, M. Torquati: Parallel patterns for heterogeneous CPU/GPU architectures: Structured parallelism from cluster to cloud. Future Generation Computer Systems(FGS), 2014.
- Mehdi Goli, Horacio González-Vélez: N-body computations using skeletal frameworks on multicore CPU/graphics processing unit architectures: an empirical performance evaluation. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience 26(4): 972-986, 2014.
- Mehdi Goli, John McCall, Christopher Brown, Vladimir Janjic, Kevin Hammond: Mapping parallel programs to heterogeneous CPU/GPU architectures using a Monte Carlo Tree Search. IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2013: 2932-2939.
- Mehdi Goli, Horacio González-Vélez: Heterogeneous Algorithmic Skeletons for Fast Flow with Seamless Coordination over Hybrid Architectures. PDP 2013: 148-156.
- Mehdi Goli, Seyed Mohammad Taghi Rouhani Rankoohi: A new vertical fragmentation algorithm based on ant collective behavior in distributed database systems. Knowl. Inf. Syst. 30(2): 435-455 (2012)
- Mehdi Goli, Michael T. Garba, Horacio González-Vélez: Streaming Dynamic Coarse-Grained CPU/GPU Workloads with Heterogeneous Pipelines in FastFlow. HPCC-ICESS 2012: 445-452.