|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262516|
Dr Edwards is a lecturer at the School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice at the School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences
- BSc (Hons) in Pharmacy
- MSc in Clinical Pharmacy
- PgCert Tertiary Level Teaching
- Doctor of Education
Dr Edwards has had extensive community pharmacy practice experience, presently maintained by engaging in occasional locum work. She has also been a Local tutor for NES (Pharmacy) is is a member of the GPhC Accreditation and Recognition Panel.
- Pharmacy education
- Teaching and learning and assessment
- Social and behavioural aspects of pharmacy including learning and development of consultation skills
- Reflective practice
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (RPSGB), 1990
- Member of RPSGB Academic Pharmacists Group, 1996
- Registered with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), 2010
- Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Vosper, H., Brown, A., Edwards, R., 2013. An enhanced approach to peer observation of teaching. Educational Developments, 14(4) pp. 17-20.
- Barr, H., and Edwards, R.M., 2013. Successes and challenges inter-professional education. Improving patient care through collaborative practice. European Society of Clinical Pharmacy (ESCP) International Workshop. Edinburgh 20-31 May 2013.
- Edwards, R.M., 2011. Policy and professionalism in pharmacy education. Pharmacy Education, 11 (1) pp. 209 - 211
- Edwards, R.M., 2013. Opening the door on student learning: using artefacts to explore pharmacy students’ experiences of learning. [online] Doctor of Education thesis, University of Stirling. http://hdl.handle.net/1893/16412
- Tonna, A.P., Edwards, R.M., 2013. Is there a place for qualitative research methods in pharmacy practice? Eur J Hosp Pharm. 20, pp. 97-99. http://ejhp.bmj.com/content/20/2/97
- Addison, B., Brown, A., Edwards, R., Gray, G., 2012. Minor Illness or Major Disease? London: Pharmaceutical Press. http://www.pharmpress.com/product/9780853699613/minor-illness-or-major-disease
- Edwards, R.M., Cunningham, I.T.S., 2009. Achieving shared understanding of assessment criteria in reflection. In Bulpitt, H., Deane, M., 2009. Connecting reflective learning, teaching and assessment. Occasional paper 10. London: Higher Education Academy. pp. 63-66.
- Edwards, R.M., Cleland, J., Bailey, K., Mclachlan, S., and Mcvey, L.,2009. Pharmacist prescribers' written reflection on developing their consultation skills. Reflective Practice, 10(4), pp. 437-450.
- Extavour, R.M. and Edwards, R.M., 2008. Non-prescription medicine use by outpatients of a hospital in north-central Trinidad living with hypertension, and the potential clinical risks. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 16(5), pp. 287-293
- Fyfield, C., John, D.N., Edwards, R.M., Tweddell, S. and Wilson, K., 2007. Different approaches to teaching law, ethics and dispensing in UK undergraduate pharmacy degree programmes. Monash and King's Pharmacy Education Symposium. Prato, Italy, July 2007.
- Cleland, J., Bailey, K., Mclachlan, S., Mcvey, L. and Edwards, R.M., 2007. Supplementary pharmacist prescribers' views about communication skills teaching and learning, and applying these new skills in practice. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 15(NUMB 2), pp. 101-104
- Fyfield, C., John, D.N., Edwards, R.M., Tweddell, S. and Wilson, K., 2007. The RPSGB's fitness to practise and professional discipline procedures: what would schools of pharmacy find useful as a resource for teaching and facilitating learning? International Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 14(S2), pp. B114
- Stewart, D.C., Cunningham, I.T.S., Edwards, R.M., Healey, T.M., Mccaig, D.J., Munro, K. and Pfleger, D.E., 2005. Supplementary pharmacist prescribing at The Robert Gordon University: an update. European Association of the Faculties of Pharmacy Conference. Malta, March 2005.
- Diack, H.L., Bond, C., Edwards, R.M., Healey, T.M. and Mckenzie, H., 2004. Do Tomorrow's Doctors and Pharmacists want shared learning? Analysis of a pilot interdisciplinary project. Health Services Research and Pharmacy Practice Conference. London, March 2004.
- Edwards, R.M., Stewart, D.C., Cleland, J., Cunningham, I.T.S., Munro, K., Mccaig, D.J., Pfleger, D.E, and Healey, T.M., 2004. The first wave of supplementary pharmacist prescribers: reflecting on the period of learning in practice. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 12, pp. R47
- Edwards, R.M., Bell, J.H. and Hutchinson, S.L., 2002. Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCES) in Pharmacy Undergraduate Education. Pharmacy Education, 2(3), pp. 154
- Edwards, R.M., 2000. Regular blood glucose testing and glycaemic control: is there a link? UKCPA Autumn Symposium. Blackpool: UKCPA. pp. B32