|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 263116|
Jennifer has the following roles:
- Lecturer in mental health nursing at The School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Practice Education Lecturer for mental health nursing and Aberdeenshire Community practice
- Teaching fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Jennifer has a specific interest in the history of mental health, mental health legislation and practice education. Jennifer has a strong professional background in community psychiatric nursing, substance misuse and as a practice education facilitator.
Jennifer completed her MSc in Advanced Nursing and Healthcare in 2011.
- COWIE, J., 2016. Mental Health Nursing in Scotland’s first purpose built psychiatric asylum. Mental Health and Learning Disability Practice. London: Royal College of Nursing. In press.
- COWIE, J., 2016. The nurses’ holding power – an ethical dilemma. Journal of Mental Health and Training, Education and Practice. In press.
- COWIE, J., 2011. The Royal Asylum of Montrose – Sunnyside Royal Hospital – an historical overview of the changing face for mental health nursing within Scotland’s first psychiatric institution from past to present. Unpublished MSc Thesis, University of Aberdeen.
- History of mental health
- Mental health legislation
- Practice education
- Therapeutic nursing skills
- Substance misuse
- Mentor development