Laura has worked within Robert Gordon University since 2003 and the School of Health Sciences since 2009. She is currently reponsible for advising, facilitating and supporting staff to embed e-learning into their teaching.
Laura also provides support to students at different stages in their courses. Main areas of involvement include student inductions, using the tools and technologies hosted within the University’s Virtual Learning Environment. Laura also provides guidance to students when using the Plagiarism Detection Service.
- Binnie, L. & Diack L. The development of online assessment tools for pharmacy education Monash & Kings Pharmacy Education Symposium – Prato, Italy, 2005.
- Binnie, L. & Diack L. Educating Copycats?: Results of a Pilot Implementation of a Plagiarism Detection Service Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), Genoa, Italy, 2006.
- Binnie, L. & Strachan, G. The use of innovative technology to enhance the learning experience of students undertaking a distance learning MSc in Health Improvement and Health Promotion at Higher Education Academy Health Sciences and Practice Subject Centre, Edinburgh, 2010.
- Binnie, L. & Barton, G. The use of innovative technology to enhance the international learning experience of students undertaking a distance learning MSc programme at Heriot-Watt Internationalisation Symposium, Edinburgh, 2011.
- Stewart D, George J, Diack L, Binnie L, Addison B, Bond C, Cunningham S, McCaig D, Cleland J. (2007) Initial evaluation of a website to enhance the period of learning in practice of pharmacist supplementary prescribing training. Proceedings of European Society of Clinical Pharmacy, Edinburgh, Scotland, May 2007.
- Stewart D, George J, Diack L, Binnie L, Addison B, Bond C, Cunningham S, McCaig D, Cleland J. (2006) Developing and evaluating an e-network of pharmacists undertaking supplementary prescribing training and their linked designated medical practitioners, which is supported by academia, aiming to enhance the period of learning in practice. (report to the Royal Pharmaceutical society of GB
- Gibson M, Binnie L, Diack L, McCaig D, McHattie L, Stewart D, Bond C & McKenzie H (2007) Using e-learning to promote interprofessional working between medical and pharmacy students. Health Services Research and Pharmacy Practice Conference, Keele (Oral communication)
- Gibson M, McHattie L, Binnie L & Diack L (2007) Using e-learning to promote interprofessional working between medical and pharmacy students. Festival of Learning 2007 – Royal College of Physicians, London (Poster)
- Gibson M, McHattie L, Binnie L & Diack L (2006) E-learning for sharing across medical, health and social care undergraduate students. Development, evaluation, assessment and dissemination of an elearning interprofessional module. (Report to Royal Pharmaceutical Society of GB)