|Position:||Programme Leader - Oil & Gas Engineering|
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 262329|
Professional Body Membership
- FEI (Fellow of the Energy Institute)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Senior Lecturer, Oil and Gas Engineering Programme Leader
- Programme Development Leader for a variety of Oil and Gas Corporate Programmes for the Energy Industry in the UK and overseas countries for several years
Recent Relevant Career History
I use my industry experience, knowledge of the energy sector and academic skills to contribute to both theory and practice and develop sustainable and distinctive partnership corporate courses to a number of key strategic programmes for RGU such as PDVSA Venezuela, Shell (EPE), Sonatrach Algeria and Libya BP in line with the strategic directions of Robert Gordon University (RGU).
2016 - Present: Major Oil Company Corporate Programme Development Leader.
Senior Lecturer, Sonatrach Corporate Programme Development Leader.
MSc courses combined with oil field applications.
- Extended MSc Drilling and Well Engineering (Rig Supervisors Programme)
- Extended MSc Reservoir Engineering
- MSc Oil and Gas Industry Corporate Research Leader
Senior Lecturer, Shell (EPE) Corporate Programme Development Leader.
- MSc Well Design and Engineering
- MSc Completion and Well Intervention Engineering
- Engineering Research Doctorate (EngD)
Operational superintendent (NOC) – led the operational services for the company (14 oil field services).
Petroleum Engineering Programme External Examiner, University in UK.
2006-2009 Shell EPE Assessor and External Examiner, Shell Learning Centre, Rijswijk, Netherlands.
Member of Committees for a number of International Conferences.
Recent Awards and Distinctions
- Accreditation: SoE Oil and Gas Engineering Programme and Industry Training Courses
- 2015: External Expert Panel member: Re-Approval event for the Masters Framework Review of the School of Science and Engineering at University in UK
- 2015 & 2016: Supported students to win Energy Institute competition first prize
- 2009 & 2015: Getenergy Awards, London
- Reservoir Engineering Award & Drilling and Well Engineering Award (Sonatrach)
- Student Teaching Awards.
- Received several acknowledgements. These have come from the Director of Wells, Shell EPE, the Director of Research Centre, PDVSA, the Director of Exploration and Production, PDVSA and oil companies from Aberdeen.
- Recognition Award for outstanding services to the company development (NOC)
- Represented the company chairman in oil ministry meetings in Libya as required.
- Represented the company chairman in complex projects discussion with the Iranian Oil Ministry related to a major joint venture contract.
- Responsible for merging and chair of a newly acquired Company (D&G) (personnel and equipment) into the National Oil Company for Oil Technology
“Oil companies work with universities to address skills challenge”, programme expanding horizons with the SCQF conference, Edinburgh.
“Emulsifiers optimisation, selection and applications”, research centre, PDVSA, Venezuela.
“Working with Libya: Education opportunities in a new era”, the event was attended by representatives from the Libyan Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, the British Council, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and around 100 representatives from UK Universities and training providers, London.
“Well Productivity Optimisation” Petroleum Institute Research Centre, Libya.
Mohamed’s teaching, leadership, professional practice and recognition are all based on thirty-three years’ involvement with the Oil and Gas industry, comprising fifteen years of professional academic teaching with RGU and eighteen years of varied field experience that specialises mainly in Petroleum Engineering (Geology and Petroleum Engineering degrees and drilling related subjects field experience rising to operational superintendent). He has extensive and varied field experience within the oil and gas industry with a professional and academic background. He feels he can bring his knowledge base to an academic setting and use it effectively to shape the future of the industry by equipping its engineers with the necessary skills.
Mohamed’s research activity covers a variety of areas within the oil and gas industry with particular focus on drilling optimisation, formation damage and EOR.
PhD Research Supervision
- Potential and Competitiveness of Enhanced Oil Recovery Methods.
- Multi-criteria Optimization of Drilling Operations: A focus on Oil and Gas Marginal Field Operators. Key words: Drilling optimization, Cost model, Drilling variables, Mechanical Specific Energy, hole cleaning, Rheological properties – in progress.
- Prediction of Sanding Potentials of Unconsolidated Sandstone Reservoirs Using Log Derived Parameters – in progress.
- “Development of a New Technique for Emulsifiers Optimisation to Minimise Formation Damage” - in progress.
- “Field Applications of a Productivity Tool for Improved Oil Recovery (IOR)”, Second International Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery Conference & Exhibition, Libya.
- “Mechanisms of Formation Damage under Downhole Conditions”, Ninth Mediterranean Petroleum Conference & Exhibition, Libya.
- ” Characterisation of Drilling Fluid Filtration under Downhole Conditions”, Ninth Mediterranean Petroleum Conference & Exhibition, Libya.
- “A Productivity Tool for Impact of Filtration on Well Performance in an HP-HT Environment”, SPE/IADC Middle East Drilling Technology Conference & Exhibition, Abu Dhabi, UAE.