Cyber Security - 3 Day Short Course
The course will allow delegates to acquire security skills and knowledge to help prepare organisations to reach an improved level of cyber resilience.
Delegates will learn to use modern software tools (commercial and open source) to experience the attack process and test defence techniques. This experience can help ensure the survival of an organisation during and after an attack. The course will address areas of ethical hacking; reconnaissance, vulnerability scanning and exploitation, as well as digital forensics and malware analysis.
2. What you will study
Delegates will learn to:
- Proficiently use tools and processes to design, implement and maintain secure systems and networks.
- Understand legal requirements of information security
- Audits security controls and readiness
- Investigate of cyber-attacks and improve business continuity.
- Introduction to ethical hacking frameworks.
- Knowing the enemy & knowing yourself.
- Identifying network devices & sniffing traffic.
- Exploiting vulnerabilities & attack vectors.
- Methods of attack and approaches to mitigation.
- Log file analysis & traffic patterns.
3. How you will learn
Short lecture sessions at our Garthdee campus are followed by extensive hands-on experience, allowing delegates to improve practical skills and understand the cyber security threat landscape.
The equipment within the School of Computing Science and Digital Media allows delegates to work within a controlled environment, isolated from risk, enabling the practical aspects of the course to demonstrate authentic cyber security scenarios.
4. How to apply
The cost of this course is £900 (per person, 3 days).
For more information and to apply please email Fiona Campbell or call her on +44 (0) 1224 262196
Back to short courses