Introduction to Subsea Engineering
The subsea sector is experiencing explosive growth.
Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen (RGU), in conjunction with Subsea UK, has developed an online programme of four modules to support the induction of engineers from other industries and new graduates into the Subsea sector. It is critical that the course keeps pace with industry developments and practices.
Launched on 6 January 2014, our redeveloped course has improve learning and assessment methods, updated course material with recent industry developments and practices.
Improvements to the course include:
- Updated module topics to reflect current industry practice, data and examples
- Reorganised material which includes both module and topic overview along with explicit learning outcomes
- Refreshed content including interactive multimedia and models
- Inclusion of end of module formal assessment, including multiple choice tests – minimum pass mark 80%
- Printable Course Completion Certificate if pass mark achieved.
- Re-developed CampusMoodle module study area providing: progression and tracking options for learners; updated design and module formatting to make user interface more intuitive and appealing for learners
The course has four modules and will be delivered online, via the University's Virtual Learning Environment, CampusMoodle. Access to the programme is for 8 weeks, with the recommendation that students allow between 40 and 60 hours learning time in total.
Applications for the new course will be accepted from 6 January 2014.
- Those who have registered and taken the course since 1 January 2013, will be able to re-register for the new course from 6 January 2014 at a reduced rate.
Subsea UK is the champion for the UK subsea industry and acts for the entire supply chain bringing together operators, contractors, suppliers and people in the industry.
This distance learning course is designed for those wishing to enter or get back into working in the oil and gas industry.