15 credits at SCQF 11
- Start Date
- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
Online distance learning
- Academic School
- Aberdeen Business School
- More Information:
- Professional Development General Enquiries 01224 262209 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accredited By
Supply Chain Management 15 credits at SCQF 11
This module promotes an understanding of the contribution of the integrated supply chain to the achievement of organisational effectiveness.
On completion of this module, you will be able to :
- Critically analyse and discuss in a systematic and critical manner the concepts, principles and models related to Supply Chain Management.
- Analytically examine the supply chain within organisations and measure performance improvement.
- Synthesise a range of advanced and specialised concepts, principles and models and apply these for operational and strategic improvement.
- Show an autonomous ability for research, problem-solving and an enthusiasm for further learning.
This module is suitable for any level (professional, graduates) with the following experience (including study):
- Supply Chain Manager
- Project Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Contract Manager
- Buying & selling related professionals or practitioners
- Suppliers, contractors, vendors, consultants
2. What you will study
- Supply Chain Types & Structures
- Supply Chain Network Mapping, Design & Analysis
- Supply Chain Design & Coordination at Network, Plant & Functional Level
- Supply Chain relationship
- Supply Chain Strategies, Tools & techniques – Alignment with Enterprise Goals
- Pricing Policies & Strategies in Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- Low Carbon Supply Chain/Green Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Governance
- Humanitarian Supply Chain
- Corporate Social responsibility
- Energy/RenewableEnergy/Alternative Energy Supply Chain
- Food security
3. How you will learn
You will learn through a mix of online lectures, interactive group facilitated activities on forums, chat facility on Moodle and self-guided study.
Attendance at the University is therefore not required.
4. Entry Requirements
This is an online distance learning module for which we recommend you already have a good honours level degree in relevant discipline or interest/career in logistics, transportation, supply chain, procurement, purchasing, contract areas.
All international students, for whom English is not their first language, should have either IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL. You should note that modules taken through Professional Development@RGU are not eligible for Tier 4 sponsorship.
5. Placements and Accreditations
The module is part of this course MSc Purchasing and Supply Chain Management which is accredited by Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
6. How to apply
For general enquiries please call 01224 262180 or email email@example.com
To apply for the course, complete the Professional Development @RGU Application Form
Providing you meet the entry requirements, you would be able to use the credits gained from this module towards the MSc Purchasing & Supply Chain Management.
The module will consist of 2 pieces of written coursework including presentation facilitated on choice of media.
9. Fees and payment options
The fee for this course is £950
Back to professional development