Protect and Prepare: Securing Your Business
CPD Course - Securing Your Business
Protect and Prepare: Securing Your Business is a Continuous Professional Development Certificate (CPD) course which has been developed by the Aberdeen Business School in partnership with Police Scotland.
The need for businesses to meet threats, whether they are natural or arising from human activity, has never been greater. Good continuity planning can mean the difference between survival or extinction. The threat from terrorist or extremist activity can take many forms, ranging from bomb threats, chemical or biological contamination, to public demonstrations and property damage.
Having someone trained and ready to co-ordinate your organisation’s response to a threat is crucial. Protect and Prepare: Securing Your Business has been designed to equip staff within the organisation with the skills and knowledge required to carry out this critical role. With its special emphasis on terrorist or extremist threats this course will help develop your organisation's resilience.
The Partnership between Robert Gordon University and Police Scotland was a finalist in The 2014 cHeRries Awards in the Training and Development category.
2. What you will study
- Understand why Security and Business Continuity Planning is important
- Learn how to apply Security and Business Continuity Planning to your business
- Identify all elements of an effective Security and Business Continuity Plan
- Be confident gaining buy-in from colleagues and senior managers
- Be able to lead Security and Business Continuity Planning in your organisation
- Boost Continued Personal Development and your professional reputation
The course is delivered in partnership between Police Scotland Counter Terrorism Security Advisors (specialist police advisers who assist businesses and services that might be vulnerable to terrorist or extremist attack) and lecturers of the Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University.
3. How you will learn
The course is delivered over two days at the Aberdeen Business School, topics will include:
- The Current Terrorist Threat
- Personnel Security
- Integrating Security Systems
- Bomb Threat Management
Immediately after the first day's proceedings a buffet reception will be held at the university. This is an essential element of the course and is included in the course fee. Participants are invited to attend this as it provides an excellent networking opportunity.
- Cyber Threats
- Social Networking
- Business Continuity & Psychological Wellbeing Issues
- The Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Threat
- Document Awareness
Table Top exercises will also be utilised to confirm participants understanding of the topics covered.
Delegates attending the course will qualify for a Continuous Professional Development certificate issued by Robert Gordon University, and will be better equipped to understand the nature of today’s threat and more significantly how to protect and prepare your business or organisation.
4. How to apply
The next course is scheduled for 12 & 13 September 2017 and places are available at a cost of £350 per delegate.
For further course information please contact;
Dr Moira Bailey
T: 01224 263139
Bookings & Payment can be made on line:
5. Benefits of attending this course
- Encourage security and business continuity awareness across your organisation
- Start planning to effectively protect and prepare your business
- Build customer confidence with robust continuity plans
- Give employees confidence to deal with difficult situations through planning and preparation
- Excellent course. Well presented by all lecturers. Very informative, well delivered and thoroughly enjoyable.
- Informative and well structured course. Very helpful in expanding my knowledge of the business sector and present day risks.
- Extremely useful course. Content was good balance of audio visual/lecture and group working. I will recommend this course to colleagues and peers.
Back to professional development