CIMA Professional Development Modules
Professionals who wish to gain the CIMA qualification itself can study the CIMA professional development modules* through Aberdeen Business School.
We have worked closely with the Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (CIMA) to develop our "degree with CIMA" programmes. These include the BA Accounting (with CIMA Advanced Diploma) and MSc Strategic Accounting (with CIMA) both of which are delivered online through supported distance learning.
The CIMA professional development modules are also available to study online. Please see the following sections for full information.
* Modules relevant to the CIMA examination ONLY
2. What you will study
The following modules are available for the 2013/2014 academic session.
Start date 19 August 2013:
Start date 2 September 2013:
- C02 - Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BS1297)
- C03 - Fundamentals of Business Mathematics (BS1298)
- C04 - Fundamentals of Business Economics (BS1299)
- E2 - Enterprise Management (BS3236)
- P2 - Performance Management (BS3237)
Start date 27 January 2014:
- C01 - Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BS1296)
- C05 - Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance & Business Law (BS1300)
- P1 - Performance Operations (BS2171)
- F1 - Financial Operations (BS2172)
- F2 - Financial management (BS3238)
Find out more about Syllabus on the following brochures (in pdf):
3. How you will learn
The modules are taught through CampusMoodle, the university virtual learning environment. Online learning offers students the flexibility of where and when they can study.
CampusMoodle offers full open access to tutors and other class members. Students have the benefit of being part of a group of learners with the invaluable opportunity to participate in active, group-related learning within a supportive online community setting. The online campus provides students with lectures and course materials and it also includes:
- Live virtual workshops
- Discussion forums - student and tutor led
- Up-to-date web technology for delivery methods
- User friendly material
4. Entry requirements
There are no entry requirements for the course. Students however must demonstrate the ability to communicate and write Business English.
Please note: The University does not take any responsibility for ensuring students are registered with CIMA OR for entering students for the CIMA examination.
5. Student Funding
Certificate level course (C01 to C05) - £500
Operational level courses (P1, E1, F1) - £750
All course material is included online and therefore additional resources are not recommended. CIMA registration fees and exam fees are not included in the fees to the University.
6. How to apply
To apply for one of the courses listed above, please complete the -