18, August, 2017 Top 5 tips for studying during online distance learning courses
Online distance learning courses give students the flexibility and opportunity to study. Take a look at our top tips for studying during an online distance learning course at Robert Gordon University.
22, June, 2017 RGU joins the teaching elite
Social Work & Social Sciences: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Professional development is an ideal way to boost your career prospects and make you better at your job. Flexible study allows you to update your knowledge and skills, fitting your study around your other responsibilities.
The School offers a range of credit and non-credit rated modules, training workshops and seminars to meet the needs of agencies, teams and individuals. Our team of qualified Psychologists, Sociologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Social Workers and Mental Health Officers have expertise in developing and providing bespoke training and professional development workshops across the care and business sector.
Some examples of specialist training, workshops and seminars available:
- Group work and team building
- Counselling Skills and Therapeutic Work
- Case Supervision and Clinical Supervision training for health professionals
- Understanding attachment, trauma and resilience for multi-professional teams
- Working with Vulnerable Children and Adults
- Alcohol and Drug Use: Knowledge and Skills
Examples of credit rated modules and courses available:
- MSc Corporate Social Responsibility and Energy
- Psychological and Sociological Understanding of Human Development (online module)
- Professional Development and Practice (online module)
- Processes and Practice in Social Care (online module)
- The Contextual Framework for Practice (online module)
- BA Residential Child Care
- Mental Health Officer Training
- Practice Learning Qualification
- Therapeutic Photography (online module)
Enquiries for bespoke specialist training/workshops to meet your particular needs should be directed to Janine Bolger (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01224 263352) or Kirsty Winstanley (01224 263234), School of Applied Social Studies.
Learn how residential childcare approaches can help your career in social care. Study around your work through our blended learning course.
A course for those wishing to be involved in the assessment of social work student practice learning opportunities.
This module provides an overview of skills values and knowledge that underpin professional practice.
This module gives an overview of the professional requirements underpinning practice in social care.
This module gives an overview of ways of understanding human development across the lifespan drawing on key perspectives from sociology and psychology.
This module provides students with knowledge and understanding of the contextual framework for practice within a range of settings.
This innovative module is available to any interested staff in the ‘caring professions’.