13, August, 2014 RGU to hold Postgraduate Open Evening
Prospective students can learn more about RGU’s wide portfolio of taught programmes at its latest Postgraduate Open Evening.
Social Work & Social Sciences: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Professional development is an ideal way to boost your career prospects and make you better at your job. Flexible study allows you to update your knowledge and skills, fitting your study around your other responsibilities.
Our school of qualified Psychologists, Sociologists, Counsellors and Psychotherapists, Social Workers and Mental Health Officers have expertise in developing and providing bespoke training and professional development workshops across the care sector.
Examples of recent CPD specialist training delivered within agencies and within Robert Gordon University include:
- Adult support and protection
- Supervision training for health professionals
- Understanding and responding to challenging behaviour for workers in the care sectors including teachers, teaching assistants and social workers
- Understanding of and techniques in working with borderline personality disorder and other mental health issues
- Understanding attachment, trauma and resilience for multi-professional teams
- Therapeutic photography
Enquiries for bespoke specialist training/workshops should be directed to Fiona Feilberg, Head of CPD, School of Applied Social Studies.
A course for those wishing to be involved in the assessment of social work student practice learning opportunities.
This module gives an overview of ways of understanding human development across the lifespan drawing on key perspectives from sociology and psychology.
Designed for those in employment this course will focus on a number of themes including the centrality of relationships and the development of personal expression.