01, June, 2016 RGU gearing up for summer Undergraduate Open Day
RGU will hold an Undergraduate Open Day in June for prospective students to learn more about the wide range of career-focussed degree level courses available.
08, April, 2016 Students cook up Fit Dish idea as part of CityLab project
Social Work & Social Sciences: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Professional development is an ideal way to boost your career prospects and make you better at your job. Flexible study allows you to update your knowledge and skills, fitting your study around your other responsibilities.
The School offers a range of credit and non-credit rated modules, training workshops and seminars to meet the needs of agencies, teams and individuals. Our team of qualified Psychologists, Sociologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Social Workers and Mental Health Officers have expertise in developing and providing bespoke training and professional development workshops across the care and business sector.
Examples of specialist training, workshops and seminars available:
- Leadership in a Changing World
- Group work and team building
- Anti-bullying and Anti-Discriminatory Practice
- Counselling Skills and Therapeutic Work
- Case Supervision and Clinical Supervision training for health professionals
- Responding to Challenging Behaviour for workers in the care sector including teachers, teaching assistants and social workers
- Working with borderline personality disorder and other mental health issues
- Understanding attachment, trauma and resilience for multi-professional teams
- Working with Vulnerable Children and Adults
- Developing Effective Inter-professional Practice
- Alcohol and Drug Use: Knowledge and Skills
- Assessment Skills
- Professional Development / Use of Self
Examples of credit rated modules and courses available:
- MSc Corporate Social Responsibility and Energy
- Working with Abuse and Abuse Related Trauma
- Social Pedagogy
- Ethical and Effective Leadership
- Psychological and Sociological Understanding of Human Development (online module)
- Professional Development and Practice (online module)
- Processes and Practice in Social Care (online module)
- The Contextual Framework for Practice (online module)
- Mental Health Officer Training
- Practice Learning Qualification
- Therapeutic Photography (online module)
Enquiries for bespoke specialist training/workshops to meet your particular needs should be directed to Janine Bolger (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01224 263352) or Kirsty Winstanley (01224 263234), School of Applied Social Studies.
A course for those wishing to be involved in the assessment of social work student practice learning opportunities.
This module provides an overview of skills values and knowledge that underpin professional practice.
This module gives an overview of the professional requirements underpinning practice in social care.
This module gives an overview of ways of understanding human development across the lifespan drawing on key perspectives from sociology and psychology.
Designed for those in employment this course will focus on a number of themes including the centrality of relationships and the development of personal expression.
This module provides students with knowledge and understanding of the contextual framework for practice within a range of settings.