Replacement Certificate

If your degree certificate has been lost, stolen or damaged you may request a replacement through the Student Records Team.

Please note that there can be only one original degree certificate in existence at any one time. The university withholds the right to decline any request for a replacement certificate should a previous request been made.

  • Replacements will usually bear the name of the graduate as they were known at the time of graduation.  In certain circumstances, such as gender reassignment, names may be updated when a new certificate is issued.
  • Receiving a replacement certificate depends on the date the award was issued and the level of the qualification.
  • In order to process a request for a replacement certificate, a few checks and verifications must be made prior to any formal application for re-issue.
  • If we are able to process the request a fee of £35 will be required.
  • Student Records aim to complete replacement certificate requests within 5 to 7 working days, after all required documents have been received.

Please complete the form below in order to begin the initial request.

If your circumstance for requiring a replacement certificate is sensitive and you would prefer to speak with someone please call the Student Records and Information Manager on 01224 263060

News RSS

  1. 16, March, 2018 Gray’s School of Art and Montrose Rope & Sail strengthen partnership to break into new high-end markets

    Amy Gair

    A dedicated design role has been created as part of a partnership between Robert Gordon University’s Gray’s School of Art and Angus-based designers and manufacturers Montrose Rope & Sail  

  2. 16, March, 2018 Students learn the benefits of cooperation across healthcare disciplines

    RGU Campus

    Final year students studying towards their different health and social care degrees have celebrated completing a unique and innovative interdisciplinary module at RGU.