Alumni Volunteering Opportunities
We're always looking for RGU alumni to volunteer throughout the year. Here are the opportunities we currently have available.
If you’d like to find out more or register your interest for any of these opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online form:
- We are looking for architecture and architectural technology practitioners to join our teams to review students work. This would involve a one day or half day commitment.
- Are you an enthusiast for 20th century or contemporary architecture in Scotland? Would you be available to give a lecture on campus?
- Some of our Masters Architecture students are working on a major project based in Orkney. We are looking for an architect with experience of working with archaeological sites to participate in studio based design discussion. This would involve 2-3 half day sessions.
- Are you an architect, project manager or contractor? Do you have knowledge of construction design and management regulations applied in practice? If so, we would value your input to illustrate the application and implications of this legislation to our students.
- We are looking to hear from construction and infrastructure professionals as well as Oil & Gas professionals working on various stages of a projects lifecycle to share case studies with our students.
- Do you work in the field of accessibility legislation and its implications for the design of buildings? Would you be interested in sharing case studies or managing site visits for our students?
- Experts in the Disability Discrimination Acct (DDA) required to advise architecture students. If you are available to share a case study or two please get I touch.
- Experts in Building Information Modelling (BIM) 4D communication approach wanted to share case studies with students.
- In the third stage of the construction law masters, students can now choose to research and
the answers to a case study question posed to them by the University. This
mimics the sort of issues which happen in real life situations. The questions
are fictional but draw inspiration from real life. We are always looking for
ideas about the sort of things that can happen – if you had any: it would be
great to hear them!
We are looking for a short summary of the event (no need for any names, its better if its confidential) and the legal or contractual issue that arose. It doesn’t need to be more than 100 words but it would really help make sure that our case study questions are authentic as well as challenging.
- Call for Computing Project Proposals: Do you have an idea for a project, but do not have the time or the resources to undertake it? Why not put one of the School of Computing Science and Digital Media students on the case? Each year, MSc students projects run from end of May to end of August, while Hons projects run from September to April. Please submit your project proposal to the School by emailing Dr Hatem Ahriz, preferably by end of March.