Professor Valerie Maehle
Dean of Faculty of Health and Social Care
Valerie is from Aberdeen and qualified as a Chartered Physiotherapist at Aberdeen Royal Hospitals School of Physiotherapy. She went on to hold several clinical and management posts in Aberdeen and Canada before taking up a teaching post in Grampian School of Physiotherapy where she progressed to become Principal. She transferred to the then Robert Gordon Institute of Technology in 1990 as Director of the Department of Physiotherapy and was promoted to Head of School of Health Sciences in 1992. During this time she completed a PhD at the University of Aberdeen. In February 2004 she was promoted to the post of Dean.
She has served on many national committees related to both her profession and to education including the Council of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, the Scottish Executive Allied Health Professions National Advisory Committee and the Scottish Higher Education Funding Council. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- Head of School of Health Sciences: Mrs Elizabeth Hancock
- Head of School of Applied Social Studies: Professor Stephen Vertigans
- Head of School of Nursing and Midwifery: Professor Ian Murray
- Head of School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences: Professor Donald Cairns
- Director of the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research: Professor Cherry Wainwright
- PA: Katharine Mieras