Professor Rita Marcella
Professor Rita Marcella is Dean of the Aberdeen Business School. She has led on a wide number of research projects and is a Member of MURG (Modern Universities Research Group).
Follow Rita Marcella on Twitter
Dean of Aberdeen Business School
Professor Rita Marcella was born in Peterhead and first came to Aberdeen to study for her undergraduate degree at Aberdeen University, before going on to complete a postgraduate diploma at what was then RGIT, followed later by a doctorate. Following early experience in the oil industry Rita has spent most of her career in various academic roles at RGU, with a period as Head of School at Northumbria University in Newcastle. She returned to RGU in January 2004 and took up her present role as Dean of Faculty at the Aberdeen Business School.
Rita has a number of personal research interests which include political communication, health & safety, citizenship information and gender issues in the cultural industries.
She is also involved in a number of external activities: member of the Grampian Racial Equality Council; member of the Scottish Council for Development and Industry Committee for the North East; a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute; member of the Management Development Committee of the CMI; and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Library and Information Professionals.
Rita is married with two children and her main leisure interests are in literature, theatre and the opera.
- Associate Dean (Undergraduate): Dr Bob Gammie
- Associate Dean (Postgraduate): Professor Robert Newton
- Associate Dean (Corporate): Professor Ken Russell
- Business Manager: Veronica Strachan
- Strategic Planning and Resources Group
- Academic Council
- Academic Development Sub Committee
- Capital Equipment and IT Expenditure Committee
- Corporate Communication Sub Committee
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee
- Research Committee
- Chair, Faculty Senior Management Group
- Chair, Creative Industries Advisory Group
- Chair, External Relations Working Group
- Chair, Employer Industrial Liaison Group