Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot
RGU law students’ team battles this year in Willem C Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot competition.
The Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot is one of the world’s most prestigious international moot court competitions for law students. The goal of the Moot is to foster the study of international commercial law and arbitration for resolution of international business disputes. The Moot has been held annually since 1994 attracting the ever increasing number of law schools from all around the world, and is sponsored by a number of prominent academic and arbitral institutions.
The student team is responsible for writing two memoranda, one for the Claimant (due in early December) and one for the Respondent (due in January). After the briefs are submitted, the team prepares intensively for the oral argument phase of the competition.
The team may consist of undergraduate and postgraduate (including PhDs), on-campus as well as distance learning students located in any country. Above all, the team is recruited of passionate, enthusiastic, hardworking and internationally-minded students who are up for this challenge.
The Moot is a tough challenge, and requires very significant time commitments and effort. In most law schools, being selected as a team member is in itself an acknowledgement of excellence. Many former “mooties” have described their participation in the Moot as an “experience of a lifetime”.
Visit the RGU Willem C Vis mooting team Facebook page for more up-to-date information on our latest activities.
If you would like more information about the RGU Vis Moot Team, are interested in getting involved or sponsoring the team, please email Dr Andrey Kotelnikov.
- October: Distribution of the Problem
- December: Memorandum for Claimant due
- January: Memorandum for Respondent due
- March-April: Vis Moot Competition (oral arguments) in Vienna, Austria
RGU Mooting team 2016/17 Selected – 10 October 2016
Congratulations to this year’s RGU Willem C Vis moot team! The members of our team are:
- Ahmed Fouad (CLARB)
- Roy Janho (CLARB)
- Hugo Fonseca (CLARB)
- Jennifer Lambert (Oil and Gas LLM)
- Mohammed Abdur Raheem (CLARB)
- Ramzi El Jundi (CLARB)
- Yousuf Khawaja (CLARB)
- Annabelle Macpherson (LAM)
- Chloe Henderson (LAM)
- Federica Vitale (LLB)
- Safae Benaskar (International Business Management)
RGU Mooting team 2015/16 Selected – 12 October 2015
Congratulations to the members of this year’s RGU Willem C Vis moot team! In most law schools around the world, being selected as a team member is in itself an acknowledgement of excellence, and this is certainly the case here in RGU. Very well done.
- Lana Borisova, London (1st year CLARB)
- Imaobong Eshiet, Miami (2nd year Oil and Gas LLM)
- Ahmed Fouad, Doha (2nd year CLARB)
- Roy Janho, Abu Dhabi (2nd year CLARB)
- Natalia Kashina, Saint Petersburg (LLM International Commercial Law)
- Folake Sadiq, Aberdeen (LLM International Commercial Law)
RGU Mooting Team Selected - 7 November 2014
Congratulations to this year’s RGU Willem C Vis moot team! The members of our highly diverse team are:
- Alexandru Caleap, Aberdeen (LLM International Commercial Law)
- Amy Gordon, Aberdeen (4th year LLB Hons)
- Stephen Dickson, Aberdeen (PG Diploma in Legal Practice)
- Omar Bissoon, Georgetown – Guyana (1st year CLARB)
- Peyman A. Nejad, USA (3d year CLARB)
- Waleed Hammad, Abu Dhabi (1st year CLARB)
- Peter Murphy, Doha (3d year CLARB)
- Ahmad A. Al Mansoury, Cairo (3d year CLARB)
- Samer Abou Said, Beirut - Lebanon (2nd year Oil and Gas LLM)