Equality and Diversity Champions
The Equality and Diversity Advisory Group (EDAG) has appointed equality champions in the areas of Age; Disability; Gender; Sexual Orientation; Race and Religion and Belief. The role of the Equality Champion is to:
- Contribute and provide challenge to the Equality and Diversity Advisory Group in the equality strand being championed
- Seek the engagement of employees and, where appropriate, students in the work and activities of the Equality and Diversity Advisory Group
- Provide leadership in the University in the area championed
- Keep up to date on developments in the area championed
- Actively contribute to the implementation of the Equality and Diversity Annual Plan
EDAG is proud to have equality champions as part of its advisory group.
Age Equality Champion
Director of Estates & Property Services
Disability Equality Champion
Professor Cairns is Head of the School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences and is responsible for planning, development and supervision of academic work within the school. His key research interests lie in the areas of medicinal chemistry, rational drug design and molecular modelling of drug – macromolecule interactions.
Gender Equality Champion
Director of Library Services
Race Equality Champion
Bassam is Associate Head of the Scott Sutherland School of Architecture & Built Environment. He has an extensive experience in the development and delivery of training programs for the private and public sectors. His main subject area is construction and generic project management.