Academic Council has a statutory duty to undertake the functions of the Board of Governors relating to the planning, development and supervision of the academic work of the University.
Academic Council has a number of Standing Committees which report directly to it. Sub-Committees report indirectly to Academic Council via the Standing Committees.
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee
- Faculty Quality Enhancement (Aberdeen Business School) Sub-Committee
- Faculty Quality Enhancement (Design and Technology) Sub-Committee
- Faculty Quality Enhancement (Health and Social Care) Sub-Committee
- Academic Regulations Sub-Committee
- Learning Infrastructure Sub-Committee
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment Sub-Committee
- Work-Related Experience Sub-Committee
- Research Degrees Committee