08, April, 2016 Students cook up Fit Dish idea as part of CityLab project
The pilot CityLab initiative saw students from RGU and the University of Aberdeen team up with Aberdeen City Council to look at city-wide challenges and develop innovative, tangible solutions around them.
School of Applied Social Studies
The School of Applied Social Studies is a multi-disciplinary department incorporating Social Work and Social Sciences. We offer undergraduate, postgraduate and continuous professional development courses in a stimulating and supportive environment. Our courses are underpinned by excellence in teaching and scholarly activity.
We are extremely proud of our graduate employment record and our working partnerships with numerous agencies and service users. These partnerships ensure that our teaching is applicable to employer requirements and mean that our graduates have what is wanted in the workplace.
- With an expanding need for social workers in the UK, career prospects in a wide range of job settings are excellent.
- All social work students have the opportunity to apply theoretical principles to real life situations by undertaking a range of placements.
- There is a heavy emphasis on the acquisition of skills teaching supported by the use of experienced agency-based practitioners.
Applied Social Sciences
- Innovative teaching and assessment methods
- Key employability skills development
- Small, friendly and supportive learning environment
- Applied and real world nature of social sciences
- Continuously revised and updated modules