Marketing, Communications and Student Recruitment
The aim of the Directorate of Marketing, Communication and Student Recruitment is to help the University achieve its recruitment targets, over the short, medium and long term. The Directorate is made up of the Admissions department, UK Marketing, Communications and the International Office.
Director of Marketing, Communication and Student Recruitment
PA to the Director:
The Admissions Office is responsible for:
- All undergraduate applications (including International made via UCAS)
- All part-time and distance learning postgraduate applications
- UK/EU full-time postgraduate applications
- Advising prospective UK/EU based students on all aspects relating to the University application process, ensuring that all enquiries are dealt with professionally, courteously and accurately
- Advising prospective students on the equivalence of non-UK qualifications
- Promptly issuing course/programme related information to prospective students
- Processing all applications promptly and efficiently, issuing acknowledgement letters to all successful applicants and continuously monitoring application rates
- Organising the University's clearing activity
- Reviewing external guidance/policy
Our communications team provide consultancy on any communications and media relations issue. Internally, the team promote newsworthy events from across the University. Externally, the team coordinate press and media enquiries including requests for subject experts to comment on current national and local news.
The team are also reponsible for the delivery of corporate events.
Press & Media
The Press & Media section of the Communications Office deals with media enquiries and is responsible for raising awareness of university activities including research projects, events, academic developments and human-interest news. These stories are distributed throughout the University (through the monthly newsletter 'Nexus') and the wider community (through the media).
- Tel: 01224 262210
Mobile: 07970 622229
Fax: 01224 262224
The Communications Office is responsible for the co-ordination and administration of all University events, both nationally and internationally, as part of the development of the University's Public Relations strategy. For enquires:
- Barbara Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications Office also organises the Summer and Winter graduation ceremonies.
The Education Liaison Team is responsible for visiting schools and colleges, attending recruitment events around the UK/Ireland and inviting prospective students into the University. They are there to advise potential students about course options - as well as the various aspects of student life.
In addition, they liaise closely with teachers, tutors, parents and external organisations to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit the University can benefit from one of our workshops, Visit Afternoons and Open Days.
The role of the International Office is to manage the promotion of the University overseas and to actively recruit international students. This is done by:
- Attending overseas education fairs
- Working with local education representatives in certain countries and
- Helping to identify new opportunities for the University in an increasingly global education environment.
The aim of the Marketing Department is to provide a high quality marketing service to support the strategic development of the University and its individual Faculties and Schools. The team is also responsible for identifying marketing opportunities and implementing plans to generate student recruitment within the undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning markets.
The Web Team provides web support to all members of staff who have responsibility for maintaining pages on the University web site. For enquiries:
Senior Web Editor
Directorate of Marketing Communications and Student Recruitment
Tel: 01224 262185