30, January, 2015 RGU students to enjoy a fun-filled week of events
A number of events, activities and freebie giveaways are being held across the city for RGU students next week.
29, January, 2015 Design students team up with local bands for evening of music and images
Communication Design students have created seven short films in response to songs by up and coming north-east performers.
Student Administration is responsible for the provision of efficient administrative processes that support both students and staff in relation to student records and information as well as student financial advice and guidance. The Head of the Department is Julie Guest and she is supported by Colin Mair, Deputy Head and Student Finance Manager and Gillian Reid, Student Records and Information Manager.
There are the following sections within Student Administration:
Student Finance is led by Colin Mair, and is responsible for:
- Student financial guidance
- Fee enquiries
- Financial Support e.g. Hardship Fund, International Fund and Emergency Loans
- Charging of student fees
- Collection of student fees
- Debt Management
The Student Finance Team can help deal with prospective students' financial queries at open days and they also provide support for student payments and fee queries during enrolment.
Led by Gillian Reid, includes responsibility for maintenance of student records from enrolment to graduation.
- Online enrolment
- Co-ordination of supported enrolment
- Communication with returning students re enrolment and graduation
- Data quality
- Student HESA Return and Overseas Aggregate Return
- Provision of data to support the HESA DLHE Return and NSS
- Provision of training and development support for the assessment process
- Graduation - student invites and certificates
- Administrative developments
- Third Party requests for Student Award Verifications
This team is lead by Duncan Young, and is responsible for:
- Student statistics for Internal and External purposes e.g. Course Appraisal, Course Portfolio Analysis, QEAC and league tables
- Reporting to support Freedom of Information Requests
- SFC Early and Final Stats Returns
The Admissions Office is responsible for:
- All undergraduate applications (including International made via UCAS)
- All part-time and distance learning postgraduate applications
- UK/EU full-time postgraduate applications
- Advising prospective UK/EU based students on all aspects relating to the University application process, ensuring that all enquiries are dealt with professionally, courteously and accurately
- Advising prospective students on the equivalence of non-UK qualifications
- Promptly issuing course/programme related information to prospective students
- Processing all applications promptly and efficiently, issuing acknowledgement letters to all successful applicants and continuously monitoring application rates
- Organising the University's clearing activity
- Reviewing external guidance/policy
More information for applicants
Enquiries regarding admission to the university can be taken between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Undergraduate admission: UGOffice@rgu.ac.uk or 01224 262728
Post graduate admission: PGOffice@rgu.ac.uk or 01224 262209
Enquiries can be taken between the hours of 9:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Student Finance: email@example.com or 01224 262 664
Student Records: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 262 205
Student Statistics: email@example.com
Enrolment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org